Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Sure Thing & Q&A with author Marie Harte

Q ~ Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m a book lover, a romance novelist, mother to two boys, caretaker of a puppy and cat (who rules the house), and was lucky enough to hit the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists in my career. Oh, and I’m a coffee addict.

Q ~ If you were stuck in a dingy floating in the middle of the ocean, who and what would you want with you and why?
A large Viking, for eye candy, and to row us to shore.

Q ~ Are there any new (or new to you) Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
I’m a huge Faith Hunter fan. She’s not new at all, but kind of new to me. I’m really into urban fantasy lately.

Q ~ What was the first romance novel that you ever read?
I love this book: A Gentle Feuding by Johanna Lindsey

Q~ Who is your favorite literary villain and why?
The devil. Because he’s portrayed in so many varied ways, and I think the guy gets a bad rap.

Q ~ How did you begin writing? Was there a single catalyst or a series of events?
I used to write as a child because I had so many stories swirling in my brain. Plus it was a form of defiance if sent to my room without TV. I might not have TV, but I always had entertainment. Professionally, I started writing (seriously) while working at a job I didn’t like. I had always wanted to be a full-time writer, but I never wrote! I just dreamed about it. So during a job I wanted out of, I wrote during lunch breaks, before work, and at home at night. Until finally I quit to write full-time. Took me two years to get published, and this was back before Amazon became a powerhouse. So different back then!

Q ~ What is one thing that you absolutely need when writing?
My coffee cup at hand.

Q ~ How do you decide on the setting of your books?
Depends on the book and publisher. A lot of my work for Sourcebooks is set in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. So my overlapping series continue from that area. My paranormal stories take place in urban or rural settings I’ve visited or hope to visit. Someplace intriguing.

Q ~ You get a brilliant phrase/idea/thought at an inopportune time (while driving, drifting off to sleep/in the shower) what do you do?
Repeat it over and over until I can note it in my phone or a notebook.

Q ~ Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
My readers are great. Nice, demanding, kind. As they should be! LOL Then they ask why certain books aren’t available when they used to be. Because I keep getting my rights back to older titles and am so busy I haven’t been so good about putting the older stuff back out.

Q ~ Can you tell us a little bit about your latest release and what inspired you to write it?
A SURE THING was a concept I had five years ago, the first of the McCauley cousins to get a happily ever after. Except it took a while to get my McCauley Brothers published. And the first cousin I’d planned on writing about will be in the third book instead. Landon, the oldest, goes first. J

Q ~ Have you written an outline for the The Donnigans series or do you make it up as you go?
I tend to write on proposal for Sourcebooks, so an abbreviated synopsis is needed before I begin. I have a rough idea of where the story is headed, but no outline, and things can change as I go.

Q ~ What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.
Why do you keep hinting that J.T. Webster looks like The Rock? Because he does! I think The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) has a super cool personality, muscles to die for, amazing sex appeal, and yes, he’s funny. Who wouldn’t want that man in their book? Or, um, a likeness of him, at least?

Q ~ Of the works you’ve written, which is your favourite? Is there also a character that holds a special place in your heart?
The one I’m working on at present. Ha. So that would be…edits for Just the Thing, the second Donnigans book.

Q ~ Do you have anything in the works at the moment? Care to give us a hint about it?
I’m currently getting ready to start a new project for Sourcebooks that I’m really stoked about. It’s not connected to anything I’m doing for them right now, and I can’t mention exactly what it is yet. But it’ll be out next year! I’ll update the minute I’m given the green light. J

Thanks for having me!

Marie
marieharte.com

Title:  A Sure Thing
Series:  The Donnigans #1
Author:  Marie Harte
Publication Date:   November 1st 2016 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Length:  352pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N - Kobo - Indigo - Google Play 

Back Cover Blurb:

Meet the Donnigans
With the eldest Donnigan brothers adjusting to civilian life, their younger sister constantly in trouble, and their little brother clueless about life in general, falling in love is the last thing on anyone's mind...

Can this Bossy Badass Marine...
The Marine Corps was everything Landon Donnigan ever wanted in life...until a bullet sent him home with a medical discharge. Teaching a self-defense class at the gym is old-hat for a marine, but when he meets sexy Ava Rosenthal, his combat skills are useless for protecting his heart.

Be her Mr. Right?
Ava can take care of herself and likes quiet, bookish men-not muscular warriors who think women need to be coddled. But Landon is more than he seems, and when they come together, the results are explosive.

My Review:

Wow!  Harte has definitely created the backdrop for a fantastic series with this one.She brings the entire town to life, while focusing on the main couple that we come to love.  Vibrant scenery melds with a vivid story that definitely captured my heart.

The characters in this novel were loveable and easy to get to know.  I love how things weren't easy for them, nor were they unnecessarily hard either.  It was all so real & I could picture myself in the story with them.  And a hero who was drool-worthy amidst his imperfections didn't hurt either.  

This was a fantastic start to Harte's new series.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others and definitely can't wait to see what comes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment