Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Treasure of Isian by Serena Clarke

Title:  The Treasure of Isian
Series:  Isian #1
Author:  Serena Clarke
Publication Date:   May 6th 2016 by Red Mountain Shadows Publishing (first published September 17th 2012)
Length:  216pgs / 5hrs 53mins
Genre:  fantasy
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N - Kobo - Indigo - Smashwords - Audible

Back Cover Blurb:

Prince Garin is a brave, proud, adventure-seeking prince. Elani is his most trusted servant and she would do anything for him, even die for him.

Their quest to find the mystical Treasure of Isian is immediately interrupted and they find themselves confronted by angry giants, soul-stealing elves, bewitched dragons, a vengeful water-witch, battling foes, and a mysterious kingdom.

Elani must face her greatest fears to save her prince and her kingdom. Garin must decide what the most important things are in his life. 

Will they be able to make a great sacrifice to save the kingdom? And will Elani find true love?

Become lost in the adventure, love, loyalty, and mystery of The Treasure of Isian!

My Review:

I love the mix of adventure and prophecy in this novel. Clarke takes readers away into an unforgettable and magical fantasy world with descriptions that paint the world in vivid colours. The magical creatures and diverse peoples that we meet kept me enthralled. All the while, the exciting and emotional plot was unforgettable. I loved how everything came together while also taking me on a great journey.

The mix of characters was astounding. They were all developed so intricately. Garin’s growth through his travels was astounding. I could really see the future king in him, as well as a human being that I truly liked. Elani was a bit of a mystery for most of the novel. I found myself questioning parts of her personality right until the end when the mystery was revealed. It was fantastic.

This is a book that I really had fun with. It is fantasy that will be loved by teens and adults alike.


No comments:

Post a Comment