Saturday, June 25, 2016

Guest Post with author RC Matthews

Rules by RC Matthews

Samantha couldn’t afford to lose her job. All she needed to do was follow the fifteen non-negotiable rules the owner of Midnight Blue laid out for his employees. Simple, right? That’s what she thought, too. Until he caught her eye from across the crowded bar. Rule #1: Don’t sleep with the patrons. Rules, schmules. Who needs rules?

Coming up with the fifteen non-negotiable rules for Midnight Blue employees was a lot of fun. My hero, Damon Baxter, is a bit of a control freak. What billionaire isn’t? So for the first time ever, I added an ‘Appendix’ with the fifteen rules and then sprinkled a handful of them into the storyline for a lot of giggles. Sexy panties are a recurring theme, too. But you’ll have to read the book to find out more about that one!

Too bad that my heroine, Samantha Rayne, has an aversion to rules…and the billionaires who dictate them. She grew up with a billionaire father, brushed elbows with his rich colleagues, and dumped her controlling billionaire fiancĂ© after he broke her heart in pursuit of a business deal. So while Damon might not care if Samantha breaks his rules, she isn’t sure that she’s ready to break her own. Rule #1: Don’t fall in love with wealthy, controlling men. And nothing says controlling like a list of fifteen non-negotiable rules.

Breaking His Rules is a billionaire romance with 146 pages of pure escapism. Some might call it unrealistic. Me? I say it’s a hella good time!

Title:  Breaking His Rules
Author:  R.C. Matthews
Publication Date:   May 19/16 by Tule Publishing
Length:  146pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
My Rating: ★★★★★
Book Links: my reviewGoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N - Kobo - Google Play

Back Cover Blurb:

When I landed the best bartending job in downtown Chicago, the rules were as clear as the Grey Goose martini I mixed for him. Don’t sleep with the patrons. I had no problem with that. Money didn’t impress me. But Damon Baxter’s eyes did. Midnight blue, just like the name of his nightclub. The way they undressed me made me consider risking the most sought after job in the service industry. Nailing the position had been hard. Obeying the rules? Even harder.

Good thing I like it hard. I was never one for following orders. For one night with him, I would have sold my soul to the devil. And that’s exactly what I did. Let me tell you, hell in the company of Damon Baxter was blissfully hot. I offered him a single night of pleasure, but when he demanded another in that deep and sexy whisper, what could I say? He was my boss, and I always aimed to please…when it pleased me.

He didn’t care that I broke his rules. But was I ready to break my own?


1 comment: