Monday, June 13, 2016

Bought for the Greek's Revenge & Q&A with author Lynne Graham

1) List two books you’ve read more than three times.
a. Arabella and Lord of the Rings. Actually there are quite a lot I reread, so it’s hard to just pick two!

2) Is anything in your new release based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
a. That’s a difficult one. In terms of the plot, not necessarily, but all emotions are drawn from life experiences. Love, grief, happiness… probably even the seven deadly sins! They’re all human experiences and find their way into my books in one way or another.

3) How much research goes into your books?
a. Quite a bit when it comes to countries and locations, culture and names. I have many travel books in my library that are wonderful for the settings.

4) You get a brilliant phrase/idea/thought at an inopportune time (while driving, drifting off to sleep/in the shower). What do you do?
a. Write it down immediately. I’ve been known to jump out of the shower and find my nearest note book and pen. I always keep these two things with me wherever I go. I’ve had the nasty experience of having what I remember to be a brilliant idea and having forgotten it, so I’m determined never to make the same mistake again!

5) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
a. I love cooking. My kitchen is a very special place in my home. I read a lot and enjoy taking my three dogs for a walk. They help me plot!

6) Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
a. Lourdes. I’ve always wanted to visit Lourdes. It has such a rich history, and such beauty. One day I’ll get there!

7) What does your family think of your writing?
a. My family are very supportive. It’s often easy for family to not quite see writing as a job in the traditional sense because you’re at home. But my husband and children are very supportive. I’m sure the grandchildren will be too, when they’re old enough!

8) How do you decide on the setting of your book?
a. Most of the time the location will come from the hero’s nationality. But much of the texture and richness comes from my own holidays in France and Europe.

9) What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.
a. Although I’ve been asked almost every question there is about writing, one that doesn’t come up often is what is it like when it’s not going well.

b. And the answer is that it can be very frustrating, and worrying when writing is not going well. I find that I have to stop working until I’ve worked out what the problem is. It can sometimes last for a few days, but if it gets that long, then I call my editor!

10) What is your favorite summer read?
a. Any of my favourite books!

Harlequin Presents® are delighted to bring you Lynne Graham’s 100th book! 

Nikolai Drakos is determined to have his revenge against the man who destroyed his sister. So stealing his enemy intended fiancé seems like the perfect solution! Until Nikolai discovers that woman is Ella Davies. 

Read on for a sneak preview of
BOUGHT FOR THE GREEK’S REVENGE 

‘Mistress,’ Nikolai slotted in cool as ice.

Shock had welded Ella’s tongue to the roof of her mouth because he was sexually propositioning her and nothing could have prepared her for that. She wasn’t drop-dead gorgeous… he was! Male heads didn’t swivel when Ella walked down the street because she had neither the length of leg nor the curves usually deemed necessary to attract such attention. Why on earth could he be making her such an offer?

‘But we don’t even know each other,’ she framed dazedly. ‘You’re a stranger…’

‘If you live with me I won’t be a stranger for long,’ Nikolai pointed out with monumental calm.

And the very sound of that inhuman calm and cool forced her to flip round and settle distraught eyes on his lean darkly handsome face.

‘You can’t be serious about this!’

‘I assure you that I am deadly serious. Move in and I’ll forget your family’s debts.’

‘But it’s a crazy idea!’ she gasped.

‘It’s not crazy to me,’ Nikolai asserted. ‘When I want anything, I go after it hard and fast.’

Her lashes dipped. Did he want her like that? Enough to track her down, buy up her father’s debts, and try and buy rights to her and her body along with those debts? The very idea of that made her dizzy and plunged her brain into even greater turmoil. ‘It’s immoral…it’s blackmail.’

‘It’s definitely not blackmail. I’m giving you the benefit of a choice you didn’t have before I came through that door,’ Nikolai Drakos fielded with glittering cool. ‘That choice is yours to make.’

‘Like hell it is!’ Ella fired back. ‘It’s a complete cheat of a supposed offer!’

Nikolai sent her a gleaming sideways glance. ‘No the real cheat was you kissing me the way you did last year and then saying no and acting as if I had grossly insulted you,’ he murmured with lethal quietness.

‘You did insult me!’ Ella flung back, her cheeks hot as fire while she wondered if her refusal that night had started off his whole chain reaction. What else could possibly be driving him?

Nikolai straightened lazily as he opened the door. ‘If you take offence that easily, maybe it’s just as well that the answer is no.’

Don’t miss
bought for the greek’s revenge by Lynne Graham,
available June 2016 wherever
Harlequin® Presents books and ebooks are sold. 

www.Harlequin.com
Copyright ©2016 by Lynne Graham 


Title:  Bought For the Greek's Revenge
Author:  Lynne Graham
Publication Date:   May 24/16 by Harlequin
Length:  192pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N - Kobo - Indigo - Google Play

Back Cover Blurb:

Bedded for the Greek's pleasure!

Ella Palmer has neither the money nor the connections to warrant the interest of Nikolai Drakos's archenemy. Yet the unassuming beauty has done just that—and claiming her will be Nikolai's ultimate satisfaction!

The ruthless tycoon will use any means necessary to ensure Ella's compliance, so he buys out her family's debts. Debts he'll forgive if Ella becomes his mistress. But when he discovers the true extent of her innocence, Nikolai is forced to consider something new; it appears the indomitable Greek is about to take a bride!

Congratulations, Lynne Graham, on OVER 35 MILLION copies sold worldwide with Harlequin®!

My Review:

What a tale! Graham has definitely created a romance that allows every reader to live the fairy tale ending. Graham is a very visually descriptive author. She’s an author who takes readers out of their everyday and invites them for a walk on the other side. I will admit that this novel had a bit of an over the top premise, but the author really makes it work, allowing readers to live the fairy tale.

There were sooo many secrets in this novel. The tension that they created added to the complexity of the relationship between the main characters, as did their need for honesty. Ella and Nikolai were definitely a case of opposites attract, and in a big way. The dynamic between them was ever changing as they were trying to find their centre, yet it was fantastically well written. I enjoyed how Graham presented and developed these two and how their relationship was anything but easy.

This was a great read and a brilliant choice for Graham’s 100th publication. The story was fun, romantic, with enough heat to keep you glued to the pages. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to romance lovers everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment