Sunday, March 27, 2016

Wrecked by Sarah Grimm

Title:  Wrecked
Series:  Blind Man's Alibi #1
Author:  Sarah Grimm
Publication Date:  January 29/16
Length:  402pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

She was destined to show him the joy and pain of living.

Joe Campbell has it all: money, success, and fame. As lead singer of alternative rock band Blind Man’s Alibi, he holds the vague conviction that life on the road, and nights filled with meaningless sexual encounters, is enough. Until her – Emma Travers. She is a breath of fresh air. Sunshine to his darkness. The one who changes him, pushes him, and teaches him to truly live. He never imagines she is hiding a devastating secret. Or that the same emotion that could steal his heart, would ultimately break it.

My Review:

This novel is powerfully emotional. I laughed, I cried, I had a blast throughout. As my introduction to this author’s work, it definitely did its job. I’ll be looking for more in the future. Grimm’s descriptions were both vibrant and subtle, creating an aura around the characters and their story and upping the emotional factor. The plot was well thought out. Shocking at times, but always enjoyable.

The characters were unique and truly enriched the plot. They both put themselves out there, creating a mix that made me both hurt for them and love them all the more for it. They were also the type of individuals that I liked to get to know. A little quirky, but good people at the end.

This is one novel that truly lives up to its name. I was WRECKED by the end. At the same time, I felt as if I were a better person for it. This was truly an experience to be repeated.

Book Links 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review Wrecked for me. I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review.
    I loved this incredibly moving story.

    ReplyDelete