Friday, February 26, 2016

Favorite Obsession by Nancy Corrigan

Title:  Favorite Obsession
Series:  Royal Pride /3
Author:  Nancy Corrigan
Publication Date:  March 1/16
Length:  346pgs
Genre:  paranormal romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★+

Back Cover Blurb:

Forbidden is in the eye of the beholder.

As a human living among shifters, Josh Conway is expected to abide by Pride law. But he’s never been very good at following rules. He’d rather make his own. The habit has gotten him in trouble over the years, but it’s all about the endgame. And this time he knows exactly what he wants--the gorgeous feline shifter who’s off-limits.

Mira is his. He knew it the moment he looked into her eyes. Of course, convincing her of the truth involves overcoming a prophecy, her protective family, and the little issue of them being different species. No big deal. He’ll figure out a way to make it work. His mind is made up. He’s not letting his woman go. Ever.

My Review:

This may just be Corrigan’s best work to date! It caused me an epically fantastic sleepless night as I opened the book to read the first chapter before bed and ended up reading the entire novel in a single sitting. The plot was full of twists and turns, keeping me endlessly on my toes. The vivid descriptions made the action and romance easy to picture.

Corrigan’s phenomenal world building, in all aspects of the story and pride, made this such a realistic and engaging experience for me. The intricacies with Corrigan’s cat shifters make the story even better. The differences between the royal and common shifters, who can and can’t take certain mates, and the interplay with the gods is so ingrained in the story.

The complicated relationship between the main characters was one of a kind. I was completely caught up with them. I fell in love with Josh when we first met him earlier in the series but he really shone here. His mix of human and shifter attributes made him extra memorable. Seeing Mira come into her own, finally standing up for herself was remarkable. This couple really shone & captured my attention.

Corrigan drew me in with her unforgettable characters, made my blood boil with the sizzling sex, and kept me coming back for more with the heartfelt storyline. This is one story that I’ll be reading time & time again and that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to others.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment