Friday, January 22, 2016

From Hell to Breakfast by Cynthia St. Aubin

Title:  From Hell to Breakfast
Author:  Cynthia St. Aubin
Publication Date:  July 28/15
Length:  97pgs
Genre:  paranormal romance
Shelf:  Netgalley
Rating: ★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

He's a supernatural bounty hunter with a broken heart and a loose zipper. She's a succubus with a smart mouth and a long rap sheet. When her crimes become his problem, they're in for one hell of a ride.

My Review:

I loved the mix of mythology, modernity, and comedy in this one. The melding of mythologies in this intricately crafted novella has created a wonderful backdrop for this fun and exciting story. I loved how easily St. Aubin drew me into this larger than life world. It definitely left me with an “awww-girly squeal’ at the end.

Crixus and Vinnie made for an interesting and fun main couple for this novella. The natural banter and centuries of history between the two were gripping, as was the hidden secret between them. Calliope was a priceless addition to the story. Her comic overreactions and surprising secrets kept me on my toes.

This was my first read by St Aubin, but it definitely won’t be my last. And I definitely need to get myself a badger hat *Giggle-Snort* enough said.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment