Monday, December 7, 2015

Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

Title:  Shelter Mountain
Series:  Virgin River #2
Author:  Robyn Carr
Publication Date:  May 1/07 by Mira
Length:  384pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  own
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

John "Preacher" Middleton is about to close the bar when a young woman and her three-year-old son come in out of the wet October night. A marine who has seen his share of pain, Preacher knows a crisis when he sees one--the woman is covered in bruises. He wants to protect them, and he wants to punish whoever did this to her, but he knows immediately that this inclination to protect is something much more. Paige Lassiter has stirred up emotions in this gentle giant of a man--emotions that he has never allowed himself to feel.But when Paige's ex-husband turns up in Virgin River, Preacher knows his own future hangs in the balance. And if there's one thing the marines' motto of "Semper Fidelis"--always faithful--has taught him, it's that some things are worth fighting for.

My Review:

Carr is one of those rare authors who can rip out your heart, and put it back together all the better for the events you’ve lived through in the lives of her loveable characters. She shows that hope exists in the darkest corners of our lives. This well written novel brings Virgin River to life in an excitingly suspenseful manner that had me on my toes while also completely engaging my emotions. The beautiful scenery combines with the exciting yet also low key lives of the characters to paint a quaint picture of this small town that has me dying to move there.

The characters definitely made this novel for me. Carr creates a wonderfully realistic cast that I don’t think I’ll ever forget. Seeing Preacher come to life in so many different ways was fantastic. His heart is as big as he is and I couldn’t help but fall in love with him. Countered with Paige’s vulnerability and newfound strength this was a real couple that was easy to connect with. Surrounded by the rest of the strong, approachable individuals who live in and around Virgin River, Carr has a winning cast that truly does her story justice.

Once again Carr has taken me to Virgin River, and created a seamless novel that I can’t stop thinking about. I’ll definitely be reading it time and time again.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment