Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Chergui's Child by Jane Riddell

Title:  Chergui's Child
Author:  Jane Riddell
Publication Date:   June 3/15
Length:  278pgs
Genre:  suspense
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Thirty-something Olivia is recovering from a traumatic event five years earlier, when she is summoned to the bedside of her dying aunt, Dorothy. Shortly afterwards, she learns that her aunt has left her a large sum of money. She also receives a letter with a startling revelation. From Morocco to London to the south of France, this is the story of one woman’s journey to make her life whole again.

My Review:

Riddell writes emotions well. She truly draws the characters into her characters’ lives and their plight. She really sets and develops the scene well. Her descriptions bring each and every aspect to life in a prominent way. I’ll admit, there were a couple of times when I felt as if I were really travelling with the characters, but that also gave me some insight into the way that the characters think.

I enjoyed getting to know Olivia in both the past and the present. It was a fantastic way to get to know her and the backstory behind the novel.

I love that the characters in this novel weren’t perfect. They were so much more real for their quirks and flaws.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment