Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fireside by Susan Wiggs

Title:  Fireside
Series:  The Lakeshore Chronicles #5
Author:  Susan Wiggs
Published:  February 1/09 by Mira Books
Length:  416pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  own
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Baseball hopeful Bo Crutcher is about to get his shot at the majors. That is, until life throws him a curveball. When AJ, the son he's never met, lands on his doorstep, Bo's life becomes a whole new ball game. He needs help--fast.Enter Kimberly van Dorn. Hired to smooth Bo's rough exterior for the media, she expects the kind of shallow pro athlete she's used to handling. But Bo is willing to sacrifice everything for his vulnerable son. Kim can train him to hit a home run with the press, but over a breathtaking winter on frozen Willow Lake, she realizes he has far more to teach her about the game of life...and putting love first.

My Review:

Wiggs writes emotions in a way that allows readers to experience it. The in-depth story takes readers deep into situations that are not only heartbreaking, but also well researched. Wiggs doesn’t make up the details that she puts forth as fact. At the same time, this is an unforgettable work of fiction, combining the best of both worlds. The scenery in the novel was also breathtaking. I love how I was able to picture myself in the Catskills, while also being able to let my imagination run wild, placing myself in the story.

Wiggs’ characters are so detailed and realistic, struggling with the twists life throws at them. I love how we get to follow certain characters through the entire series while also getting to know new ones. Kim & Bo definitely stole my heart in this one. I loved seeing under Bo’s bad boy exterior, getting to know who he really is. Her multifaceted development really lets you experience each and every aspect of who he is. Kim’s journey of self-discovery while helping Bo was priceless. She was the type of woman that I could easily see myself sitting down with for coffee. Enter AJ. His situation broke my heart. At the same time, he was so much fun to get to know.

This might just be the most engaging story of the series yet. Wiggs’ emotionally poignant yet absolutely heart-warming tale is one that I’d recommend to all lovers of romance.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment