Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Clone Two by Patti Larsen

Title:  Clone Two
Series:  The Clone Chronicles #2
Author:  Patti Larsen
Published:  October 2/12
Length:  174pgs
Genre:  YA dystopian
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Journey

“I've never agreed with Chime's need to pander to the Crawlers.” Ande leans past me to look out the window. I follow his gaze, the glow from the two bulbs casting some light over the dark and lonely station outside. “It's time we were independent. The Crawlers are spooky and untrustworthy, say one thing, mean another.” He turns his head, face very close to mine. “They steal kids sometimes, never own up to their promises.” Ande takes a step back, smile returning. “We can just hope there aren't any Crawlers out there.” He waves beyond him, up the tracks.

Before I get a chance to agree, Chime reappears, slamming her way through the sliding door.

“Last stop,” she growls at me. “Everybody off.”


Trio and her friends have escaped the remains of Los Angeles and the horrible Crawlers intent on her capture, finally on their way to New York. But the train they ride offers more threats than comfort, both from the uncertain track stretching out before them to the infighting and open dislike from train boss Chime and her crew. Trio has no choice, her heart and soul pushing her across the country, toward a task she can’t remember and a damaged clone who will call her sister.

My Review:

Larsen has a way with words that draws you into the heart of her story. Her detailed descriptions allowed me to picture this unimaginable world in vivid detail. The fast paced, unique, and exciting plot kept me on my toes, sparking my emotions throughout. The variety of different manifestations of the sick provided a complexly fascinating backdrop for the novel. I am still wondering exactly who and what the Crawlers are. This mystery has me dying to unravel it.

Trio trying to figure out who she is provides insight not only into her character but into the dynamics of the story as a whole. The ingenuity of these characters is fantastic. They never cease to amaze me. I do really hope that many of the supporting characters will reappear in the final novel of the series. So many of them have wound their way into my heart that I’d love to see them come back and redeem themselves.

Larsen is a master bard who really knows how to bring her story to life. This novel was the adventure of a lifetime, full of hope & heartbreak & unforgettable scenes. It is a YA novel that will be loved by readers of all ages.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment