Monday, July 27, 2015

Pleasing the Boss by Vickie Valentine

Title:  Pleasing the Boss
Series:  Billionaire Obsession #2
Author:  Vickie Valentine
Publication Date:  July 21/15
Length:  88pgs
Genre:  erotic romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Hell in the company of Damon Baxter was blissfully hot.

He named the poshest nightclub in town after the color of his eyes. A conceited and narcissistic gesture, to be sure. But after one night in his bed, I didn’t care about his arrogance or his money. I only cared about his chiseled body, and the masterful way he used it to please mine.

I offered him a single night of pleasure, but when he demanded another in that deep and sexy whisper, what could I say? He was my boss, and I always aimed to please…when it pleased me.

He didn’t care that I broke his rules. But was I ready to break my own?

My Review:

Lust and chemistry vie with alpha maleness & betrayal in a manner that will leave you reeling. Valentine combines the best and worst of all aspects of humanity in this intriguing and unforgettable instalment of her serial. I was captivated by her detailed and intricate storytelling, and floored by the plot that embodied both erotic romance and rising above one’s past. Her descriptions were phenomenally detailed while still allowing readers to use their imagination and place themselves in the middle of the tale.

I love the little sneak peeks at the characters’ histories throughout this novel. I loved getting to know Damon & Sam better as they got to know one another. There’s more than simply lust between them now, making the entire story more entertaining. Trust and caring definitely play a real role here. Oh, but don’t get me wrong. This one is still as hot & erotic as hell.

Valentine’s serial went from great to unforgettable with this instalment. I’ve fallen in love with the characters, who are becoming more developed by the moment, and am dying for the romance that they share.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment