Friday, May 29, 2015

Sea Glass Sunrise by Donna Kauffman

Title:  Sea Glass Sunrise
Series:  The Brides of Blueberry Cove #1
Author:  Donna Kauffman
Published:  May 26/15 by Zebra
Length:  368pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  Netgalley
Rating: ★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

In seaside Blueberry Cove, Maine, friends are just another word for family, and big-city politics take a backseat to local pride. But the real treasure on these shores is always love…

When D.C. lawyer Hannah McCrae heads home for her brother’s wedding, she’s dragging a lot of baggage along with her—and she doesn’t mean suitcases. Betrayed personally, and humiliated professionally, the last thing she wants is a new man. That’s fine with square-jawed, rugged contractor Calder Blue. He and Hannah may be wildly attracted to one another, but all he wants is to build the town’s hotly contested new yacht club and mend a centuries-old family feud. Yet thanks to resentments old and new, day after day the pair wind up tangled in each other’s business—and maybe soon in each other’s arms.

Every bride needs something “blue”…

Includes a delicious wedding cake recipe!

My Review:

Kauffman has definitely done it again. This novel was a fantastic, approachable read with all the bells and whistles. The characters in this novel have the ‘awww’ happy kind of love. It’s fantastic. There is such unmistakable tenderness throughout. Readers also get to experience the Maine coast & small town life via Kaufmann’s picturesque writing. I’ll admit, at the beginning, even though I was enjoying the story, I was wondering exactly what direction it was heading in. By about 20% through, I couldn’t put the story down or get it out of my head. The well plotted and executed tale took me on twists and turns that one rarely sees in contemporary romance, but that really make the novel stand out.

The McCrae sisters are a fantastic trio that I’m dying to get more of. The closeness of these sisters, and the way that they interact with one another was so genuine that I felt as if I were part of a family moment. The Blue family history added an extra twist to the tale that I loved unravelling. There were also lots of introspective moments that really draw you to the main characters as individuals. I loved getting a look at their feelings, fears, and desires, as well as how this all comes together to make these individuals who they are. I loved getting a look at how Hannah thinks and views things. The scattered, multiple thought trains at once was fantastic. I felt as if I really got to know the real her through it. Because of these intriguing two main characters I’ll never look at Gone With The Wind or Oliver Twist the same way again. These literarily inclined characters were definitely a treat.

Kauffman never fails to leave me with a smile on my face at the end of a novel. This one was no exception. It’s a fantastic read for all those who enjoy contemporary romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment