Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Romancing the Author by Kali Willows

Title:  Romancing The Author
Series:  1Night Stand, Romancing the Capital edition
Author:  Kali Willows
Published:  April 3/15 by Decadent Publishing
Length:  69pgs
Genre:  romance short story
Shelf:  bought
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

NFL star, Conner Caine has given up on romance. Starved for a real woman with curves, intellect, and a sharp wit, he exchanges playful messages with an online crush. But when he can’t connect with her, he’s urged to seek out a 1Night Stand while in the Canadian capital for business.

Steamy sex is plentiful for author Gemma Daveen—at least on the pages she writes. Publicized as happily married, she has kept a few well-hidden secrets. But her publicist knows better, and ravenous for sexual reprieve, Gemma soon finds herself booked for a 1Night Stand during a romance convention in Ottawa.

My Review:

What a rush! This story was short, sweet, and to the point while full of all the best of a 1Night stand, and more. Willows combined romance with suspense and some rather heated erotic moments in a perfect balance that kept me riveted throughout. Her intricate descriptions bring this world to life while still allowing your imagination to run wild. She had my pulse pounding and my emotions on edge.

I enjoyed how Connor was so accepting of and loyal to those around him. He let his softer side shine through without losing that tough edge of a quarterback. Gemma’s conflict between what she wants and what she’s agreed to leaves her between a rock and a hard place. Both of these two were individuals whom I really enjoyed getting to know. I was amazed as to how well I felt I knew them by the end of the story, especially considering that it was a short story. They were better developed than many main characters in full length novels. And Willows doesn’t stop there. She surrounds these two with some close friends who really round out the story nicely.

My final thoughts on this one? I really need to get in touch with Madame Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment