Friday, December 12, 2014

204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber

Title:  204 Rosewood Lane
Series:  Cedar Cove #2
Author:  Debbie Macomber
Published:  June 1/05 by Mira Books (1st published Jan 1/02)
Length:  379pgs
Format:   paperback
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  bought
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Dear Reader,

If you've been to Cedar Cove, we've probably met. You can usually find me at home or the public library. I've lived here all my life and raised two daughters here.

But my husband and I--well, about six months ago, he disappeared. Where's Dan? Why did he go? Who's he with? Will I ever find out?

My hometown, my family and friends, bring me comfort. I'm continually reminded that life goes on. For instance, everyone's discussing weddings and babies. Justine--daughter of my friend, Olivia Lockhart--impulsively got married. My daughter Kelly had a baby. Unfortunately, she refuses to accept that Dan might not return to see his grandchild. My older daughter is more realistic. I think she's seeing a new man but she won't tell me who.

Then there's Jack, who's pursuing a romance with Olivia, and his son, Eric, and Eric's girlfriend (I think she's pregnant), and Zach and Rosie Cox, whose marriage is on the skids and... Well, just come over and we'll talk

Grace Sherman

My Review:

Macomber picks up this story we began in 16 Lighthouse Rd without missing a beat while at the same time giving more than enough background information for new readers to pick up the series here. Her warm & inviting writing style pulls you in so easily that you’re instantly transported into the pages of this novel. This is a sweet, uplifting, & romantic novel while remaining real & down to earth. This novel covers a large span of time in a very unique and easy to follow manner. That said, there were definitely some plot twists that took me by surprise. It was fantastic and made me laugh & cry more than a time or two. I really appreciated Macomber’s approach that allowed me to experience the lives of her characters in a real way. I also loved the fact that this novel didn’t end in a spur of the moment marriage. It ended with something much better: hope.

I loved the number of intertwining stories in Cedar Cove. I felt like I was getting to know the whole town without feeling overwhelmed or rushed. Macomber has reached the perfect balance here. Characters of all ages make up the cast of this novel. Some are just starting life, some are stepping out on their own, and others have more than a little life experience under their belts. It is the perfect melding of characters to bring Cedar Cove to life.

Macomber has penned a novel that will be loved by all fans of small town romances. It was an unforgettable story that I was unable to put down.

P.S. Before I’m done, I have to comment on the back cover blurb. It’s the ultimate invitation to come to Cedar Cove. Macomber definitely delivers on her invitation inside the pages of this novel.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Harlequin  |  Amazon  |  B&N  |  Indigo  |  Google Play  |

No comments:

Post a Comment