Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Descendant of Destiny by Marion Hill

Title:  The Descendant of Destiny
Author:  Marion Hill
Published:  June 4/14 by Booklocker Inc.
Length:  104pgs
Format:   paperback
Genre:  Fantasy
Shelf:  review
Rating:  ★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:

What is Destiny?

Is destiny something to be shaped by your own hands?
Is destiny something to be shaped by other people?
Or is there a higher power that ultimately shapes our destiny?

This is the journey that Diondray Azur of Charlesville will discover when he finds out the existence of a book called The Book of Kammbi. The book reveals an ancient prophecy that needs to be fulfilled by a descendant of Oscar Ortega, one of the land of Kammbia's greatest men. All signs point to Diondray being the one who will fulfill this prophecy. However, he does not believe in the prophecy and thus begins the journey towards his destiny.

My Review:

Although quite well written, I found this novel rather difficult to get into. It is definitely one of those fantasy tales that would have done quite well if it were longer. I felt like just as I was really getting into this world the story ended. That said, the storyline itself was well thought out, and very thought provoking. Hill definitely made me think while taking me along on an intricate ride that I did enjoy.

I personally would have enjoyed more in depth character development for a story of this type. I found that just as I was getting to know the, the story was over. Now, don’t get me wrong. The characters were there and well developed for the length of the story, but had we gotten to know them more in depth they had the potential to be the type of characters that you never forget.

As a whole, this was an intriguing; well put together quick fantasy read for those who want to dip their foot in the genre.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Amazon  |


No comments:

Post a Comment