Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Kind of Crazy by Katie O'Sullivan

Title:  My Kind Of Crazy
Author:  Katie O'Sullivan
Published:  Mar 25/14
Length:  239pgs
Format:   ecopy
Genre:  contemporary review
Shelf:  review
Rating:  
★★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Kendall Roarke is betting everything on making her Harwichport Bed & Breakfast into the premier wedding destination on Cape Cod, despite her recent messy divorce.

Jonathan Reynolds moved back to the Cape to take over his uncle's business and start fresh after his own marriage ended. He's not looking for anything complicated - until he meets Kendall, with her big plans and wild mop of curls.

Throw an unruly foster puppy and an uptight new neighbor into the mix and things get a little crazy. Now Kendall has to decide if it's the kind of crazy that she can live with... for the rest of her life.

My Review:

O’Sullivan takes Cape Cod by storm with her latest romance. This coastal town comes to life at the tip of her pen. She tackles the issues that individuals deal with every day and wraps them up in a heartfelt, sometimes comical HEA package. Even with the HEA, there is realism that runs throughout. I found myself firmly grounded in the here and now throughout, rather than stuck in a fairy tale.

I appreciate the gradual character development that O’Sullivan uses in this work. I felt like I was getting to know real people rather than simply characters in a novel. I love how boisterous & in your face some of these characters are. It’s brilliant to see these types of individuals make their way into work, even as secondary characters. At times I really felt like I’d stepped into my hometown, with the variety of individuals that I met throughout this novel.

As a whole this was a well written, intriguing novel that definitely made me smile. I’d recommend it to those looking for a sweet, heartfelt romance.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Amazon  |

No comments:

Post a Comment