Monday, April 14, 2014

Preacher Man by Laurie Larsen

Title:  Preacher Man
Author:  Laurie Larsen
Published:  October 3rd 2008 by White Rose Books (first published January 1st 2005)
Length:  236pgs
Format:  ecopy
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Shelf:  review
Rating:  ★★★★★


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Regan Samuels is newly single and doing her best to raise her teenaged son in the city. She gives the adult dating world a go, but finds she'd rather trade in her stiletto heels for fuzzy slippers. Will she ever find love again, and if so, after the disaster of her first marriage, would she know what to do with true love if it ever found her? Josh Gregory is a pastor who longs for the loving family that his parents never provided. Because he grew up in a broken home, he's always been ultra-careful about the women he dates. Besides, in his profession, a carefree dating relationship is a bit of an oxymoron. When he wins a date with Regan at a Charity Auction, he never expects to fall in love with her. After all, she's not really preacher's wife material. But God has a different idea.

My Review:

What a phenomenal novel. I can’t stop thinking about this one! And I definitely couldn’t put it down.

Larsen makes you laugh at the all out realism of the situations the characters find themselves in. I found myself thinking ‘I’d so have done that’ and giggling over it more than once. This is one of those novels that subtly changes the way you think about certain rides while taking you on a sweet and sometimes spicy journey of a lifetime. Larsen is one of those rare authors who can bring the good kind of tears to your eyes while telling a story.

I found myself really feeling for the main character from the first chapter. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t feel sorry for her, rather I felt right alongside her. Her life wasn’t the easiest or smoothest but she made the best of it without living in an ongoing pity party. The rest of the cast was realistic and approachable as well. They also aren’t static characters.

Overall, this was a fantastic novel that I couldn’t put down. Larsen infuses it with both emotion and a subtle intensity that won’t let you go. This may have been my first foray into this author’s work, but it definitely will not be my last.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |
|  Amazon  |  B&N  |

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! You seriously made my day with this beautiful review. You might be happy to know my new inspirational romance Roadtrip to Redemption comes out May 2!! Can't wait to share it with you!

    ReplyDelete