Today I'm handing the reins over to Jennifer Burrows. Let's give her a big welcome.
1. I’m very involved in my community. I’m president of my local school board, on the Personnel Review Board for the City of Escondido, and I volunteer multiple hours in my kid’s school. I’ve also been a Cub Scout leader and a t-ball coach.
2. I’m the team photographer for my son’s high school football team
3. I have hiked Mt. Whitney twice (it’s the largest peak in the continental United States) and I would love the opportunity to hike part or all of Mt. Everest
4. I have run and completed a marathon and several half marathons
5. I have completed an Olympic and a Sprint Triathlon
6. I have been scuba diving 140 feet down the blue hole in Belize
7. I love to cook and can create amazing meals. However, when I met my husband, I only knew how to cook frozen meals and he always did the cooking. Now I’m much better than he is and I don’t let anyone else in my kitchen.
8. I almost dropped out of high school but instead graduated a year early
9. I always wanted to fly for a rescue helicopter. But because I get severe motion sickness, the fear of crashing, and leaving my kids without a mom, I never did it.
10. I have two desert tortoises. They are endangered and can’t be bought or sold. One is named Yortoise and the other is Free Willy.
About the author:
A bit more about Into the Light:
Just when Josh thinks his entire world has been turned completely upside down, he finds his sister Jillian has stopped taking her psychiatric medications and has become a person unfamiliar to him. Dealing with her psychotic world becomes even more of a shock, leaving Josh in a horrible dilemma. He is torn between trying to save Laney’s life, keeping her parents from moving her away from him, and providing his sister the attention and help she desperately needs before she has a complete psychotic breakdown.
Will Josh be able to save the love of his life and prevent her parents from taking her away? Will he be able to help Jillian through her mental illness before it takes over her life? Will Laney’s relationship with her parents ever be salvaged? Will Josh and Laney have their happily ever after, or will the hurdles they have to jump through prove to be more than they can handle?