Friday, April 25, 2014

Frat House of the Dead by J.K. Walker

Title:  Frat House of the Dead
Series:  Salt Lake After Dark #1.5
Author:  J.K. Walker
Published:  January 14, 2014
Length:  68pgs
Format:  ebook
Genre:  paranormal
Shelf:  review
Rating:  ★★★★


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Rachel Wood has lead a sheltered life. Sure she's a witch, with a talent for technology, but she just doesn't get out much. Halloween night, that all changes when her best friend invites her to a frat party. After someone spikes the punch with an unknown spell, Rachel must devise a magical solution before her and her friends are overwhelmed by... Zombies!

My Review:

What a captivating novella. Walker had me laughing, cringing, and even in shock throughout. I couldn`t help but get wrapped up in the tale. Walker has also given me a new appreciation for zombies. In general, they tend to be my least favourite of the supernatural creatures but with this twist I found myself enjoying them immensely.

I really appreciated the way that you get to know the characters from the Salt Lake After Dark series better in this little sidebar. Although it isn`t strictly essential to the series as a whole, it definitely helps you get to know everyone in a much less serious manner.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |
|  Amazon  |

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few weeks ago and I liked it enough to buy the first three books in the Salt Lake after dark series. Of course it helps that I like zombies and strong female characters!

    ReplyDelete