Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You Can Call Me Miranda by T.J. Hamilton

Title:  You Can Call Me Miranda
Series:  The Thyme Trilogy #0.5
Author:  T.J. Hamilton
Published:  January 13th 2014
Length:  152 pgs
Format:  ARC ecopy
Genre:  Contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating:  ★★★★★


Synopsis from Goodreads:

I was born to dance. I may have even become the best ballerina this country has ever seen. But when you have no one to guide you as a young person, you become very lost. I craved love and attention, and I found it in men.

I’ve always had a certain allure that draws men to me. I worked that out at a very young age. At first it was fun teasing them, then a thrill … then it was just easy. Men were just too easy.

I loved the way they looked at me when I danced for them, the way they stared at my body. I danced for men who paid to watch. Then he found me. I was the next desperate girl, ripe for the picking. If only I knew what I was being picked for.

This is my story. This is how I lost the girl I once was. Now, you can call me Miranda.

Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages.

My Review:

Hamilton definitely hit it out of the park with this novella. Written in the same easy to follow & captivating style as the rest of the Thyme trilogy she gives us the background information that really makes the story pop. Not only that, but she does so in a matter that both makes you think and understand where the main character is coming from.

I really appreciated getting to know Mia as a younger girl. While reading this you really get to understand her as an individual. She becomes so easy to identify with. The supporting cast in this novel was quite unique. Their presence and relationship with the main character influenced the story in a manner that you wouldn’t think on first glance. Hamilton throws of stereotypes with this cast, providing a realistic look at life.

Although not strictly necessary to understand the trilogy, it adds a lot of context. This is definitely a must read for anyone who enjoys the Thyme trilogy. Hell, it’s a must read for anyone & everyone.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Amazon  |  B&N  |  Smashwords  |

No comments:

Post a Comment