Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Man of Ice by Diana Palmer

Title:  Man of Ice
Author:  Diana Palmer
Series:  Bighorn, Wyoming #2
Published:  September 30th 2013 by Brilliance Audio 
(first published May 1996)
Page Count:  5h 24min
Format:  Audio Book
Genre:  Romance
Shelf:  Bought
Rating:  ★★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:


After a less than magical one-night stand, cynical Dawson Rutherford needs the help of the woman he considers seduced him. Barrie Bell, still reeling from their encounter, is ambivalent about aiding his scheme. She's kept a secret from Dawson...one that could free them both to love again!

My Review:

Palmer returns to the scene and makes us fall in love with Wyoming all over again with this heartbreakingly heart-warming tale. She uses exquisitely vivid descriptions that you can’t help but picture. I can barely express how fully she drew me into this tale. The narrator really enhanced the story with his varying pace, tone, and emotion.

You get to know the main characters of this tale in intimate detail. Their past, present, and futures all make their way into this tale. I felt for these characters. My heart broke for both of the main characters in this heart-warming yet shocking tale. The supporting cast, although small, was perfect for this tale. They round out the story nicely, walking the line between family and employee.

I was emotionally invested in this story. I didn’t want it to end but at the same time I wanted to know how it turned out. It was a brilliant tale that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |
|  Amazon  |  Chapters  |  Audible  |

No comments:

Post a Comment